November 2017

(Images are taken from the Goodreads website link attached to title of the book)
(Included are my ratings and my personal descriptors of the book.)

November 2017:
1) A Tree Grows In Brooklyn ~ Betty Smith (496 of 496 pages) (5/5 Stars)

(Phenomenal Imagery, Captivating Style of Writing, Exploration of Metaphysical Themes)

2) Fahrenheit 451 ~ Ray Bradbury (In Progress: 121 of 190 pages)

Total Pages Read: 617 pages (21 pages/day)

The only book I completed this month was A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, where we follow a girl named Francie Nolan throughout her childhood and into her adulthood. This book is uniquely separated into five parts, taking place in different time periods with different purposes in each section. Through establishing context of the family heritage and why Francie’s mother and father are the way they are, to the experiences Francie goes through in school, it is one of the most effective and seamless transitions I have seen in a novel. The use of imagery in this novel is stunning, executed by the variety of sentence structures, such as simple sentences and compound-complex sentences. I gave this novel a 5/5 rating because it is one of the most intriguing books I have read in a while, and it really caught my attention, in terms of inspiring me to pay more attention to the importance of imagery in one’s work. My goal for December is to finish Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and another novel.